Vela is a global financial technology provider of high performance trading, market data, and analytics technology solutions. Vela offers an end-to-end multi-asset Direct Market Access (DMA) platform connected to over 60 global exchanges; high-performance and low-latency market data and market access; industry leading pre-trade risk controls; post-trade processing; trading analytics; plus, a front-end for price discovery, execution, and risk management. Vela clients benefit from award-winning managed services, customer support, and world-class professional services from an experienced team comprised of seasoned financial services industry experts and cutting-edge technologists.
Vela has offices in Europe, US and Asia supporting traders, market makers, financial institutions and other market participants worldwide.
Vela is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Recruitment is currently taking place for software engineer roles in our Market Access team.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of our various product suites.
- Our software is developed primarily in C/C++ on the Unix platform
- Within your team you will contribute to product delivery and end to end software development
- The role will involve interaction with multiple stakeholders spanning Software Development, Testing and Client Support teams
- Contribute to the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, installation and support
- Proactively manage own tasks and projects to agreed deadlines
- Collaborate with team members to identify innovative ways to improve practices and procedures
- Strong client focus, with an emphasis on issue resolution in line with service- level agreements
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in the software development lifecycle from design, implementation (C, C++), through testing and integration
- Understands the implications of code changes and feature enhancements
- Capable of concisely communicating designs, code and applications to a client-facing standard
- Experience in adopting and providing feedback on new processes/technologies within teams
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Degree (Min 2.1) in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of practical software development experience in a similar environment
- Capital Market and/or Financial Services knowledge (Trading, Market Data, FIX / FASTFIX protocols)
- Knowledge of Code Analysis / Hygiene concepts and tools (Coverity, Valgrind, Jenkins)
- Experience with developing multi-threaded applications
- Development on a UNIX platform (Linux or Solaris)
- Familiarity of scripting languages, in particular Python, used within Continuous Integration and Test Frameworks
For any further information please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +44 289 568 0209.